The list has seen the creation of two new ministries - The Ministry of Regional Re-organisation and Ministry of Monitoring and Evaluation to be headed by Dan Kwaku Botwe and Dr. Akoto Osei respectively.
Explaining the rationale behind these ministries, the president said the Ministry of Regional Re-organisation will supervise the creation of new regions as promised by the New Patriotic Party (NPP) while the Ministry of Monitoring and Evaluation will ensure that the work of government is efficient, effective, and timeous.
The list brings the total number of appointees to 25. A third batch is expected to be released by Friday.
Below is the list of the second batch of Ministers-designate:
(1) Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation - Hon. Dr Anthony Osei Akoto
(2) Minister for Regional Re-organisation - Hon. Dan Kwaku Botwe
(3) Minister for Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation: Prof Kwabena Frimpong Boateng
(4) Minister for Lands and Natural Resources - John Peter Amewu
(5) Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection - Otiko Afisa Djaba
(6) Minister for Employment and Labour Relations: Hon Ignatius Baffuor Awuah
(7) Minister for Transport - Kwaku Ofori Asiamah
(8) Minister for Railways Development - Hon. Joe Nana Ghartey
(9) Minister for Roads and Highways – Kwesi Amoako Arthur
(10) Minister for Communication - Hon. Ursula Owusu
(11) Minister for Sanitation and Water Resources – Joseph Kofi Ada
(12) Minister for Works and Housing - Hon Samuel Atta Kyea