|Akua Donkor, Mahama, Nduom, Mrs Rawlings, 8 others disqualified by EC|
Three different signatures of Akua DonkorReasons for their disqualification ranges from irregularities regarding voter’s ID cards of witnesses, forgery, incomplete forms, different signatures of nominees and invalid endorsement among others.
According to GhanaSky.com analyst, Akua Donkor provided three different Signatures of herself on the same form.
EC in disqualifying Madam Akua Donkor Monday cited a number of issues including what is says is the provision of “three different signatures of herself” as the basis.
“On the basis of the information provided to the Commission, the Vice presidential candidate is not qualified for the office on the basis of age,” Ms Osei stated.
From Ghana EC office, Madam Akua Donkor’s “statutory declaration was incomplete. Her form was not properly filled. The consent to candidacy by the candidate and the vice president nominee were not signed,”
Ghana disqualified 12 presidential nominees:1. Edward Mahama of the People’s National Convention (PNC)
2. Hassan Ayariga of the All People’s Congress
3. Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom’s Progressive People’s Party (PPP)
4. Mrs Konadu Agyemang Rawlings of the National Democratic Party (NDP)
5. Dr. Henry Lartey of the Great Consolidated Popular Party (GCPP)
6. Kwesi Agyenim Boateng of the United Front Party (UFP)
7. Kofi Akpaloo of Independent People’s Party(IPP)
8. Akua Donkor of the Ghana Freedom Party (GFP)
9. Kwabena Adjei of the Reformed Patriotic Democrats (RPD)
10. Thomas N. Ward Brew of the Democratic People’s Party
11. Alfred Asiedu Walker, an independent nominee
12 .WO1 Richard Nixon Tetteh of the Unity Development System Party
Ghana Qualified presidential nominees:1. New Patriotic Party’s Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo
2. John Mahama of the National Democratic Congress
3. Ivor Greenstreet of the Convention People’s Party
4. Jacob Osei-Yeboah
Outstanding1 . Akwasi Addai Odike of the United People’s Party A group of his party members have serve the EC with court processes challenging the membership and candidature of Mr Odike.
According to the Commission, this restrains it from processing his nomination. The EC has thus given the party and Odike up to October 14, to resolve their differences after which date the Commission says it will be unable to process his nomination.
WATCH FULL VIDEO BELOW FROM EC BOSS:
Source: GhanaSky.com | Accra24.com